COVID-19 Service Updates
Here at PODS, the health and safety of our associates and customers is a responsibility we take very seriously. Like you, we are staying on top of information from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Public Health Agency of Canada, and government officials related to Coronavirus (COVID-19).
As an essential business, we are committed to being there for you and providing no-contact moving and storage solutions.
Our Team is here to support you today and everyday@Model.Title.HeadingType>
The world is a bit different right now, but you can still count on our associates to be there for you.
SAFETY & SOCIAL DISTANCING MEASURES:
- Customers do not need to meet and greet their drivers. As a contactless service, PODS portable containers are delivered using the instructions customers provided when booking their orders. If there are any questions when the driver arrives, they will call the customer.
- Drivers can no longer go into containers with customers to do a walkthrough. Instead, please refer to our packing and loading tips.
- Our call center associates remain available to help you while they work remotely from home.
- For our associates, we are reinforcing frequent and thorough hand washing as well as using alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- If an associate is not feeling well, they are required to stay home.
- Regular sanitation of high-contact areas such as container door handles, locks, etc.
- All customers are encouraged to sign their rental agreements and other required documents electronically via their online accounts.
- Contactless services are available for unloading through the hourly labor providers we can connect you with.
While there is a lot of uncertainty surrounding COVID-19, we can assure you we are doing all we can to deliver the best possible customer experience.
The federal government has identified more than a dozen Critical Infrastructure Sectors, one of which is Transportation Systems. As an organization with trucks and commercial vehicles that can help move goods through the country in these challenging times, PODS is included in the Transportation Systems Sector; therefore, we do not anticipate any major service disruptions due to recently issued executive orders in several states and areas.
Be sure to plan ahead. Summertime is always a busy season for moving – and it’s especially busy now during these challenging times. As a result, our calendars are filling up more quickly than ever. As dates are subject to availability, we recommend scheduling your container deliveries, pick-ups, and moves as soon as possible – at least 7 days in advance.
Customers seeking access to their containers at a PODS Storage Center facility are welcome to do so. Please schedule an appointment by phone at least 24-48 hours in advance. Once scheduled, the customer’s container(s) will be temporarily placed outside the PODS facility in an area that accommodates customer access and social distancing protocols.
We hope you understand some service delays are possible as we continue monitoring the ongoing situation. If the delivery and/or pick-up of your container(s) needs to be rescheduled, you will be notified and updates will be shared as more information becomes available.
Please continue to check this page, and follow PODS on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, for future updates. As always, we value your business, appreciate your patience, and thank you for your understanding.
HEALTHCARE FACILITY, GOVERNMENT, AND BUSINESS SUPPORT:
Maximize patient care space at hospitals and healthcare facilities by utilizing PODS containers for temporary on-site storage. Additionally, other types of businesses can utilize our storage containers to store excess inventory to maintain social distancing standards.
PODS is also one of the few businesses where little to no human-to-human interaction is required, and our portable containers can be used to move and store medical supplies, sanitation products, and other critical resources businesses and local organizations need in their efforts to help our communities stay safe and healthy.
Learn more by visiting our Healthcare Solutions page.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What Our Customers Are Saying
CORONAVIRUS RESOURCES FROM OUR BLOG
Contactless Moving Tips
Put your health and safety first with 5 tips for a making a move during the coronavirus pandemic.
Spring Cleaning On Steroids
Take it up a notch with these cleaning and disinfecting steps for a safer and healthier home.
DIY Project Safety
Get tips for staying safe – and smart – before tackling your home projects during these uncertain times.
Home Gym Ideas
Get pumped with this guide to designing a workout space in your home to help avoid germs and airborne illness.
Last Updated: 06/02/2020 11:00AM EST