PODS is doing our part to help take care of our associates and customers by implementing the following health and hygiene protocols:
- Customers do not need to meet and greet their drivers. As a contactless service, PODS portable containers are delivered using the instructions customers provided when booking their orders. If there are any questions when the driver arrives, they will call the customer.
- Drivers can no longer go into containers with customers to do a walkthrough. Instead, please refer to our packing and loading tips.
- For our associates, we are reinforcing frequent and thorough hand washing as well as using alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- If an associate is not feeling well, they are required to stay home.
- Regular sanitation of high-contact areas such as container door handles, locks, etc.
- All customers are encouraged to sign their rental agreements and other required documents electronically via their online accounts.
- Contactless services are available for unloading through the hourly labor providers we can connect you with.
While there is a lot of uncertainty surrounding COVID-19, we can assure you we are doing all we can to deliver the best possible customer experience.
The federal government has identified more than a dozen Critical Infrastructure Sectors, one of which is Transportation Systems. As an organization with trucks and commercial vehicles that can help move goods through the country in these challenging times, PODS is included in the Transportation Systems Sector; therefore, we do not anticipate any major service disruptions due to recently issued executive orders in several states and areas. Customers seeking access to their containers at a PODS Storage Center facility are welcome to do so. Please schedule an appointment by phone at least 24-48 hours in advance. Once scheduled, the customer’s container(s) will be temporarily placed outside the PODS facility in an area that accommodates customer access and social distancing protocols. We hope you understand some service delays are possible as we continue monitoring the ongoing situation. If the delivery and/or pick-up of your container(s) needs to be rescheduled, you will be notified and updates will be shared as more information becomes available. Please continue to check this page, and follow PODS on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, for future updates. As always, we value your business, appreciate your patience, and thank you for your understanding.
The United States Army Corps of Engineers has developed a viable solution for expanding isolation bed spaces for COVID 19 positive patients using PODS containers. Repurposed PODS containers can be placed in large venues, such as arenas and stadiums, to support the creation of temporary healthcare facilities.
Additionally, PODS is also one of the few businesses where little to no human-to-human interaction is required, and our portable containers can be used to move and store medical supplies, sanitation products, and other critical resources businesses and local organizations need in their efforts to help our communities stay safe and healthy.
See the PODS for Business COVID-19 Support and Solutions page for more information.
Last Updated: 04/09/2020 12:00PM EST