Find the exact cost of your storage project.
How much does a pods storage unit cost?
HOW PODS STORAGE PRICES ARE CALCULATED@Model.Title.HeadingType>
PODS storage costs depend on several factors including:
- Geographic location
- Timeframe and season
- Size and number of PODS containers needed
- Whether you’re storing your container in your driveway or at a secure indoor PODS Storage Center
Check out our discount offers to see if PODS storage price specials are available.
the pods no-hassle payment process@Model.Title.HeadingType>
Learn how our clear, upfront storage pricing works for you.
- No deposits, no obligations: Like most hotel reservations, you can reserve your PODS storage unit with a credit card – no payments due until 7 days before your container delivery.
- Easy cancellation: Get a full refund when you cancel up to 24 hours before your first container delivery.
- No surprise costs: We’re transparent with our pricing in your detailed quote, which you’ll receive in writing via email.
- Avoid late fees: PODS rents containers by the month, so you can take your time loading and unloading – without worrying about extra fees that can come with a truck rental.
- Flexible scheduling: With PODS there are no rigid schedules. Change of plans? Just let us know.
What's included in your PODS storage unit price? more service. less stress.@Model.Title.HeadingType>
While you’re comparing storage unit prices, it’s important to understand what services you’re getting and which factors you value most. Take a look at PODS portable storage vs. self-storage to learn more.
After we deliver your storage unit, you load it and keep it at home, or we pick it up and drive it to a secure PODS Storage Center where you can access it any time. When you want your stuff, we bring your storage container back or to your new home. Either way, you load and unload only once, and at your own pace.
If you’re trying to save on storage unit prices by using self-storage, consider what it costs you in time and stress. Whether you’re using your own truck or renting one, you have to load and unload your stuff multiple times, often while racing the clock. That’s a lot of work and pressure you skip when you choose PODS.
MORE BUILT-IN ADVANTAGES WITH PODS PORTABLE STORAGE UNITS
- We do all the driving: You don’t have to drive a big truck. No worries about accidents, parking, or breakdowns. No added late fees or gas costs either.
- Tough steel-framed containers: Breathe easy when your belongings are in a weather-resistant PODS storage unit.
- Flexible storage options: Keep your storage container handy at home or store it at a PODS Storage Center. Choose from three storage unit sizes.
- Roomy timeline that you control: Take your time loading and unloading. Not sure how long you need storage? No problem. PODS containers are rented by the month. No commitments.
- Experience you can trust: PODS pioneered portable storage in 1998, and we’re still setting the standard for quality service.
- Options for contents protection coverage: Move and store with extra peace of mind. With lots of coverage levels, you can choose based on the value of your belongings.
Understanding storage unit costs@Model.Title.HeadingType>
Get the best storage unit prices
Average cost of storage units
Factors that affect your storage unit prices
- Location: Storage unit prices can vary significantly across the country. Just as apartment rentals run higher in major metro areas where real estate is in high demand, storage can be pricier, too. Storage unit prices can be lower in less densely populated areas, according to Sparefoot.
- Time: While self-storage and portable storage companies generally offer rentals on a month-to month basis, some may require minimum time commitments in exchange for lower storage unit prices. If you’re going to need storage for three months or more, it makes sense to ask if there are discounts available.
- Size: The size space you need to store your stuff is another pricing factor. The larger storage unit needed, the higher the cost.
- Service: With self-service storage units, you do all the work yourself, which is why self-storage can be the cheapest option if you don’t have to rent a truck. Portable storage generally includes delivery and pick-up service for a fee, which can sometimes be waived if you rent your storage unit for a minimum length of time.
- Add-ons: If you choose to rent or purchase storage bins or packing supplies from the storage facility, remember to factor in these added costs. Some self-storage and portable storage unit companies also offer the option of purchasing labor services for packing, unpacking, loading and unloading.
- Insurance: Consider insurance costs, as most storage facilities require customers to have some type of insurance. If you have homeowners or renters insurance, this may meet the requirement. However, you may want to purchase more coverage based on the value of your belongings.
Smart ways to cut storage costs@Model.Title.HeadingType>
Don’t pass up the opportunity to save on special promotions and discounts offered by storage companies. Just be sure to ask for all the details.
- Discount offers: Look for discounts and always ask if there are any available, even if you didn’t find any on the company website. For example, with PODS’ BUNDLE discount you get free delivery and pickup for rentals of three months or longer, which offers the flexibility and convenience of portable storage at prices comparable to self-storage.
- Military discounts: If you’re in the military or a veteran, you may be eligible for special savings. For example, PODS offers military discounts on storage and moving services for active duty, retired, and veteran members of the U.S. Armed Forces.`
- Potential savings on long-term storage: If you think you’ll be using storage for three months or longer, it’s a good idea to ask: How much does long-term storage cost? There may be special discounts for longer storage periods. Be careful to avoid making a longer commitment than you have to because you could end up spending more in the long run.
- Read the fine print: Make sure a discount is really the right way to cut storage costs. Don’t get stuck with a bait and switch deal. Many self-storage facilities attract customers with “first month free” or super-low pricing promotions, only to increase your monthly rent after you’ve done all the work of moving your stuff in. Others have 12-month leases.
Organize and declutter to reduce storage needs
The less you need to store, the more you can save on storage space. Even though it can take extra time upfront to declutter and streamline your stuff, this step can pay big dividends in cutting storage costs, not to mention in time and trouble loading and unloading.
- Sell or give away extra stuff: The best thing about selling or giving things away is others haul it away for you. Raise some extra cash by holding a garage sale or posting items on apps like OfferUp, Nextdoor, Craigslist and other online marketplace sites. If you’re short on time or don’t have a large enough vehicle to contain your items, schedule a pick-up with a local charity. Either way, your stuff will go to good use.
- Get help from a friend or organizing professional: Decluttering is always easier when it’s not your own stuff. Ask a friend or hire a pro to help you sort, purge, and get organized. Get some quick ideas now with How to Declutter in 6 Steps.
- Use on-site portable storage units to ease the process: When the amount of stuff seems overwhelming, you can take a few days or weeks to move items into a storage container in your yard or driveway to clear space temporarily while you figure out what you want to keep and store.
Pack and load to optimize storage
Efficient packing and loading techniques will help you minimize the size and number of storage units you may need – ultimately cutting your storage costs.
- Use PODS’ packing and loading tips and video: Learn how to pack and load like a pro so you use all available space inside your storage container. This includes wall-to-wall and floor-to ceiling. Check out our tips and watch the video – you’ll be amazed at how much can fit into one container!
- Hire packing and loading pros: Moving and storage professionals know how to get the most out of storage space, potentially avoiding costs for more storage. Get packing and loading assistance.
Finally, be clear about what type and amount of storage you really need. Learn more about how to match your storage needs to the right kind of storage with our tips on finding a storage facility.
more resources for saving on storage costs
Optimize Storage Space
Save on space and storage costs by packing and loading like a pro.
Simple steps to tackle any storage project.
5 Tips for Downsizing and Storing
A good plan and positive mindset can help you tackle any downsizing project with confidence.
Smart Packing Strategies
These tips will help you take control and pack like a pro.