Are you planning to make a big long distance move to Colorado Springs? Or perhaps you’re just changing neighborhoods in The Springs?
Either way, you’re going to need a plan in order to make sure your move goes as smoothly as possible. Finding reliable local and long-distance moving companies in Colorado Springs isn’t as complicated as you might think. In fact we have some great options for you to check out below, whether you need local or long distance Colorado Springs movers!
Colorado Springs Moving Q&A
Q: What is the cheapest way to do a long-distance move?
A: One of the cheapest ways to move your stuff long-distance is by renting a truck and moving your items yourself. However PODS portable storage containers could be less expensive, depending on how big your household is and the distance you’re going.
Q: Who are the best movers to use for out-of-state?
A: PODS Moving & Storage is a great option for out-of-state or cross-country moves because there are PODS locations all across the country (and they've got long-distance moves down). Plus, storage is built into every move!
Q: How much does it cost to hire a local mover?
A: If you’re researching local moving companies in Colorado Springs, you’ll want to find out what they charge by the hour. Then you can determine how many movers you’ll need to complete the job based on how many rooms you’re moving.
Q: What is the cheapest way to move 300 miles?
A: Your best bet is with a storage container since the company will pick up your container and drive it to your new home, incurring the least amount of extra expenses.
Q: How much does it cost to hire movers in Colorado?
A: The cost of movers in Colorado depends on your household size, how many movers you need, and how far you’re going. To give you an idea, the cost would fall between $799-$2,321 to hire full-service movers for a local move in Colorado Springs.
Q: How much does it cost to move 1,000 miles?
A: Anything above 50 miles is considered a long-distance move. It’s difficult to determine how much it costs as that depends on the weight of your household items, but the cost of a 2-3 bedroom move would fall between $2,567-$6,163 with full-service movers.
Q: What is the cheapest way to move stuff from one state to another?
A: If you’re going to do an interstate move, you’ll probably want to consider going with a PODS storage container or renting a truck and making the move yourself.
Q: What is the cheapest way to move stuff?
A: Typically the cheapest way to move your stuff is by renting a moving truck or going with portable moving containers.
Your options for long-distance and local moving companies in Colorado Springs
Whether you’re moving cross-country or cross-town, you have options. From full-service movers to DIY with a rental truck and finally a hybrid move with a PODS container, let’s explore the pros and cons of each moving option to see which is best for your move.
This option is for those moving to Colorado Springs (or from neighborhood to neighborhood) who want their movers to handle the heavy lifting, loading, and unloading.
• Full-service movers do the majority of the work
• You’re not responsible for driving the moving truck
• A great time saver so you can concentrate on other to-do items on moving day
• Usually the most expensive way to move
• Your items can get lost or damaged (sometimes your belongings will be on a truck with other households)
• You need to instruct the movers about where to put things, which can get overwhelming
• You’re on a tight timeline
Moving Truck Rental
You could also get a moving truck and pack it yourself for your local or long distance move to Colorado Springs
• This is usually the cheapest way to move
• You’re in control of the move and determine how you pack and load your items, which means your items are handled with care
• It’s unlikely you’ll lose an item
• It’s a lot of work and heavy lifting!
• You’re responsible for driving a big truck on the highway and in an unfamiliar city
• Your extra fees (gas, insurance, mileage, etc.) can add up, not to mention if you need to stop overnight at a hotel for a long-distance move
PODS Portable Moving Containers
Another option that works great for both long distance and local moves in Colorado Springs is a PODS portable moving container.
• The container is delivered right to you
• You can pack your items and load them up on your schedule
• You can still hire local movers to help load heavy items and ease your workload
• Storage options are built into every move
• You’re not responsible for driving a big truck
• There’s more work involved than with full-service movers
• This option can sometimes be more expensive than a rental truck
Moving Cost Estimates
|Moving Route||Distance||Full-Service Movers|
(includes transport, loading & unloading)
|Moving Truck Rental|
(plus fuel costs)
(includes transport & 1-month storage)
(Woodland Park to Colorado Springs)
(Los Angeles to
When you use a PODS storage container for your long-distance (or local) move to Colorado Springs, you can pack and load it up on your schedule. With this kind of flexibility, you get to move on your terms. PODS will take care of transporting your belongings to your new home in Colorado Springs, where you can unpack and unload at your convenience. You can even take advantage of our storage options if necessary. Talk about easy!