Cross-border moving made easier
PODS is your moving and storage expert for cross-border moves@Model.Title.HeadingType>
Whether you’re moving back home or starting your next big adventure, PODS can help every step of the way. We’ll help you navigate the process and provide you with all the resources you’ll need for a smoother cross-border move.
To make things even easier, PODS is licensed by the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) to operate bonded storage centers in all our markets in Canada. That means cross-border containers are allowed to cross the border directly and complete the clearing process at PODS facilities. You’ll have peace of mind knowing your container is stored safely in our secure storage center and not at a third-party location.
Get your customized moving quote.
Move to Canada with PODS in 10 easy steps@Model.Title.HeadingType>
- Call or chat with PODS to get a free quote and book your move.
- We’ll deliver your empty container to your house. We’ve got containers for any size move.
- Load the container at your own pace, taking as much time as you need.
- Complete your rental agreement and all the required paperwork listed below before your pickup date. (We cannot pick up your container until all documentation has been submitted.)
- Schedule a time for us to come pick up your container.
- Make sure to travel to Canada before your container is shipped and stay in Canada until it arrives.
- PODS picks up your container and does all the driving.
- We’ll contact you when the container arrives in Canada so you can meet us at our CBSA-licensed, bonded facility.
- Visit the nearest CBSA office to clear customs.
- That’s it! You’ve officially moved to Canada.
Check out our cross-border FAQs here
Find all the required documents. Right here.
PODS won’t just provide the container to help you organize your stuff. We’re here to help you find all the documentation you’ll need to complete before your move to Canada.
Check out our guide, Required forms and key information for moves to Canada.
- Copies of passports for the PODS account holder and all family members moving to Canada
- Copies of visas, work permits, and permanent resident cards of account holder and family members*
- A letter addressed to the Canada Border Services Agency indicating the purpose of the move, including a current phone number in case the CBSA needs to contact the customer
- A completed PODS Canada Customs Form
What to know before you pack
- When you’re packing for your move, you’ll need to be aware of the rules and restrictions the Canadian government has on the importation of certain goods.
- Bringing goods into Canada
- Different goods from your household may require you to pay duties on them. Learn more from the Government of Canada.
- Importing a vehicle to Canada
- Before importing your car into Canada, you need to ensure it is admissible. Get more info from Transport Canada.
- Moving pets to Canada
- If you’re planning on bringing your animal companions with you, make sure to get the right paperwork in place. Get more details from the Government of Canada.
- Moving mattresses into Canada
- Before you can bring your mattress across the border, you’ll need to obtain a certificate verifying it’s been cleaned and fumigated. Learn more from the CBSA.
- Bringing alcohol and tobacco into Canada
- Alcohol and tobacco cannot be shipped in a PODS container to Canada. They must travel with an individual following these regulations from the CBSA.
- Bringing firearms into Canada
- Firearms cannot be shipped in a PODS container to Canada. You’ll need to follow these steps from the RCMP to bring a firearm into Canada.
- Restricted items
- Some items, like flammables, chemicals, and explosives, can’t be brought into Canada. Here’s the full list of items from the CBSA to leave behind.
Support without borders@Model.Title.HeadingType>
- Flexible scheduling: We fit your plans with no penalties for rescheduling.
- Help with the heavy lifting: We do all the driving, and can connect you with local packing and loading pros.
- Packing supplies delivered: We have packing supplies available to help streamline the process.
- Ideal for a 2-bedroom home, or up to 1,200 sq. ft.
- About the length of a standard parking spot
- Comparable to a 10'x15' storage unit or a 20' truck
- Available for moving and storage needs
- Perfect for a 1-bedroom home, or a 500-800 sq. ft. space
- Great for packing away things from 2 or 3 rooms
- Compare to a 10'x10' storage unit or 15' truck
- Available for storage only
- Great for a studio or room of 500 sq. ft. or less
- A popular choice for college students
- Comparable to a 5'x10' storage unit or 10' truck
- Available for moving and storage needs
See what real cross-border customers have to say
West Palm Beach, FL
Feel at home in Canada
Immigrating to Canada
Learn from the Canadian government how to immigrate to Canada and what to expect when you get there.
Preparing for life in Canada
Set yourself up for success with tips from the Canadian government on topics like finding a job, Canadian culture, and popular sports.
Choosing where to live in Canada
Let the Canadian government show you the best places to live, from large cities to small towns.