Notice at Collection for California Employees and Applicants Pursuant to California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)@Model.Title.HeadingType>
Last Updated: February 3, 2023
PODS ENTERPRISES, LLC ("PODS", "we" or "us") collects and uses Personal Information for human resources, employment, benefits administration, health and safety, and business-related purposes and to be in legal compliance. Below are the categories of Personal Information we collect and the purposes for which we intend to use this information:
- Identifying information, such as your full name, gender, date of birth, and signature.
- Demographic data, such as race, ethnic origin, marital status, disability, and veteran or military status.
- Contact information, such as your home address, telephone numbers, email addresses, and emergency contact information.
- Dependent's or other individual's information, such as their full name, address, date of birth, and Social Security numbers (SSN).
- National identifiers, such as SSN, passport and visa information, and immigration status and documentation.
- Educational and professional background, such as your work history, academic and professional qualifications, educational records, references, driving history and records, professional licenses, criminal history and interview notes.
- Employment details, such as your job title, position, hire dates, compensation, performance and disciplinary records, and vacation and sick leave records.
- Financial information, such as banking details, tax information, payroll information, and withholdings.
- Health and Safety information, such as health conditions (if relevant to your employment), job restrictions, workplace illness and injury information, and health insurance policy information.
- Information Systems (IS) information, such as your search history, browsing history, login information, and IP addresses on the Company's information systems and networks.
- Biometric information, such as fingerprints.
- Geolocation data, such as time and physical location related to use of an internet website, application, device, or physical access to a Company office location.
- Sensory or surveillance information, such as COVID-19 related temperature checks and call monitoring and video surveillance.
The Company collects Personal Information to use or disclose as appropriate to:
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Recruit and evaluate job applicants and candidates for employment.
- Conduct background checks.
- Manage your employment relationship with us, including for:
- onboarding processes;
- timekeeping, payroll, and expense report administration;
- employee benefits administration;
- employee training and development requirements;
- the creation, maintenance, and security of your online employee accounts;
- reaching your emergency contacts when needed, such as when you are not reachable or are injured or ill;
- workers' compensation claims management;
- employee job performance, including goals and performance reviews, promotions, discipline, and termination; and
- other human resources purposes
- Manage and monitor employee access to company facilities, equipment, and systems.
- Conduct internal audits and workplace investigations.
- Investigate and enforce compliance with and potential breaches of Company policies and procedures.
- Engage in corporate transactions requiring review of employee records, such as for evaluating potential mergers and acquisitions of the Company.
- Maintain commercial insurance policies and coverages, including for workers' compensation and other liability insurance.
- Perform workforce analytics, data analytics, and benchmarking.
- Administer and maintain the Company's operations, including for safety purposes.
- For client marketing purposes.
- Exercise or defend the legal rights of the Company and its employees, customers, contractors, and agents.
If you are accessing the Website from outside of the U.S., please be aware that data collected through the Website may be transferred to the U.S. (We are based in the U.S. and our Website is hosted on servers in the U.S.) We transfer data to the U.S. for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice or our description at the point of collection or handling, and otherwise not prohibited by applicable law. Laws in the U.S. may be different from and provide less protection than those in the country you are located. We may also transfer personal data amongst ourselves or with service providers in other countries in order to process employee or applicant privacy requests.
Our Website may contain links to third-party websites. If you visit a third-party website, you are subject to that website’s privacy notice and not ours.
Data storage and security
We may store your personal data in the U.S. or in countries. Except as otherwise permitted or required by law, we only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes they were collected for. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use of processing by other means, and any applicable legal requirements.
We maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your data from accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use. Our service providers are also required to adhere to reasonable security practices to further ensure your data. That being said, digital transmission and storage of data is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the safety of your data.
This section describes data privacy rights you may have and how to exercise them.
- You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal data over the past twelve months, such as (i) the categories of personal data we collected about you; (ii) the categories of sources from which we collected such data; (iii) the specific pieces of personal data we collected about you; (iv) the purpose for collecting personal data about you; and (v) the categories of personal data about you that we shared or disclosed and the categories of third parties with whom we shared or to whom we disclosed such data in the preceding twelve months, subject to legal restrictions.
- You have the right to request that we delete your personal data, subject to legal restrictions.
To exercise your privacy rights, send us your verifiable employee or applicant request using the “Contact” section below.
- The verifiable employee or applicant request must (i) provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal data, and (ii) describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf subject to proof of identity and authorization. We may request that your authorized agent have written permission from you to make requests on your behalf and may need to verify your authorized agent’s identity. We will only use personal data provided in a verifiable employee or applicant request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
- We will respond to your request consistent with the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), which does not apply to certain data. Certain legal restrictions prohibit us from providing certain sensitive information in response to an employee or applicant request.
Privacy Notice updates
We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Notice at our discretion and at any time. Any changes will be posted on this page with an updated revision date. By using the Website, or interacting with us, you agree to be bound by the Privacy Notice as posted.
If you have any questions about this Notice, need to access this Notice in an alternative format due to having a disability, or exercise your privacy rights, please submit a request by either:
- Calling us at 855-252-1075
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Filling out the form below.