How to Pack your PODS Storage Container
In addition to being able to load and unload your PODS® moving and storage container at your leisure, you are able to easily load the container without having to take everything up a ramp or into a self storage space.
Below are helpful tips on how to pack a PODS® container:
- As you are packing, take a few extra minutes to write an inventory list.
- Pack as much as you can into each box and be sure to use packing paper to reduce empty spaces, this will provide protection for your belongings and will facilitate loading your PODS® container.
- Fill your boxes to capacity, but don’t over pack. Be sure box tops and sides don’t bulge or cave in.
- Use moving pads to protect furniture.
- Label boxes to make unpacking easier.
- Be sure to spread the weight of your contents evenly throughout the container and use all available space.
- This includes wall to wall and floor to ceiling.
- To optimize space, you can fill the refrigerator, washer, dryer and other hollow items that take up space.
- Pack pictures, mirrors and other similarly shaped items in the spaces between beams. This will help protect them by creating a tighter fit.
- Mix small items with larger items to fill spaces, and don’t save all your boxes for the end.
- Use the handy tie downs to secure your belongings one section at a time.
- Place soft, light items such as pillows in a plastic bag and place them in small spaces where boxes can’t fit.
It is important that the following items not be stored in your PODS container: animals, motor vehicles, aircraft, trailers, engines and hazardous materials.