PODS Packing Checklist for Packing Made Easy
- As you are packing, take a few extra minutes to write an inventory of the items you are packing.
- Pack your valuables and essentials separately and plan on keeping these items with you.
- Pack as much as you can into boxes. This will provide greater protection for your belongings and will make loading your PODS container easier.
- Reinforce the bottom of all boxes with tape. Fill each box to its capacity, using packing paper or fillers to eliminate empty spaces. The top and sides of each box shouldn't bulge, nor should they cave in when closed.
- Use moving pads to protect furniture. Boxes, moving pads and other supplies are available on the PODS Packing page on this website.
- Tie down all your belongings a section at a time, taking advantage of the conveniently placed eyehooks inside your PODS container. If possible, distribute the weight of your contents throughout the container.
- Label boxes to make unpacking easier.
- Use all available space inside the PODS container to pack your belongings. This includes wall-to-wall and floor-to-ceiling. Turn couches on end, fill the refrigerator, washer and dryer, etc.
- Packing pictures, mirrors, etc. in the spaces between the beams will help protect them and will take advantage of the space, creating a tighter fit.
- Mix small items with larger items to fill spaces. Don't save all your boxes for the end.
- Place heavy items on the bottom, lighter items on the top
- Put heavy items in smaller boxes for easier lifting. Lightweight items can go in larger boxes.
- Secure your PODS container with a lock when it is unattended.
Need moving boxes and supplies? PODS offers fast and free shipping on all moving supplies orders.