How to Pack your PODS Storage Container
Outside of being able to take your time, loading and unloading a PODS® moving or storage container is much easier than loading a rental truck up a ramp or a self storage space.
Below are helpful tips on how to pack a PODS® container:
- As you are packing, take a few extra minutes to write an inventory list.
- Pack as much as possible in boxes, and use packing paper or fillers to eliminate empty spaces and provide protection for your belongings. This will make loading your PODS® container easier.
- Don’t over pack. Be sure box tops and sides don’t bulge or cave in.
- Use moving pads to protect furniture.
- Label boxes to make unpacking easier.
- Take care to evenly distribute the weight of your contents throughout the container and use all available space.
- This includes wall to wall and floor to ceiling.
- To optimize space, you can fill the refrigerator, washer, dryer and other hollow items that take up space.
- Pack pictures, mirrors and other similarly shaped items in the spaces between beams. This will help protect them by creating a tighter fit.
- Mix small items with larger items to fill spaces, and don’t save all your boxes for the end.
- Use the handy tie downs to secure your belongings one section at a time.
- Place soft, light items such as pillows in a plastic bag and place them in small spaces where boxes can’t fit.
The following are some of the items that should not be stored in the container: animals, aircraft, hovercraft, motor vehicles, engines, trailers, and hazardous materials.